The festive season is just around the corner, and what better way to welcome it than with a beautifully adorned door? We're thrilled to announce our contest, where you have the chance to win a stunning front door makeover for the holidays.
A new residential front door
DATES OF THE HOLIDAY CONTEST:
Oct. 2, 2023, at 5 a.m. PST through 9:00 p.m. PST on Oct. 13, 2023
HOW TO ENTER
Enter for your chance to win a NEW front door! One lucky winner will be selected to have Mr. Handyman demonstrate their skill and expertise by replacing your front door just in time for the holidays!
Fill in this short form for your chance to win the prize!
- https://neighborly-brands.app.do/mr-handyman-s-front-door-to-the-holidays-contest-2023 (USA)
- https://neighborly-brands.app.do/mr-handyman-s-front-door-to-the-holidays-contest-ca-2023-342 (Canada)
Winner Announcement: We will randomly select and announce the lucky winner on October 16, 2023. Stay tuned to our Mr. Handyman Facebook page to see if you are the lucky winner!
HOLIDAY CONTEST RULESContest Rules
Recommendations for Holiday Door Recommendations
Decorating your door for the holidays is a fun and festive way to spread holiday cheer and create a welcoming, joyful look to your home. Mr. Handyman, a Neighbourly company, recommends a dozen ideas to enhance your door’s appearance during the holidays, or anytime of the year.
- Themed Door: Decide on a holiday theme that resonates with you. Whether it's traditional, rustic, modern, or whimsical, having a clear theme will help guide your decor choices. Note: Make sure your decorations are weather-resistant and can withstand the elements, especially if you live in an area with harsh weather conditions.
- Wreath or garland: Wreaths are a traditional way to decorate doors. You can choose from assorted styles, including live evergreen options. Draping garland, adding ornaments and decorations, like baubles, bells, or pinecones can dress up your entryway. For those who don’t live in a snowy region, adding faux snow or spray snow to your windows can give your home the chilly wintry feel.
- Fresh Coat of Paint: Consider giving your front door a fresh coat of paint in a bright and cheerful colour. Choose a shade that complements your home's exterior and adds a pop of vibrancy.
- New Hardware: Upgrade your door's hardware, including the doorknob, knocker, and hinges. Opt for finishes like brushed nickel, chrome, or brass to add a touch of elegance to your door.
- Seasonal plants: Place potted evergreens, winter flowers, or small holiday trees on either side of the door. This adds a touch of nature and colour to your decor. Poinsettias, holly bushes, and mini-Christmas trees near your door or lining your sidewalk can add a warm and colourful touch to your entry.
- Festive Doormats: Place a holiday-themed doormat at your doorstep. Look for mats that have cheerful messages, winter motifs, or classic holiday colours.
- String Lights: Decorate your door with string lights. You can outline the doorframe or create a captivating arrangement of lights that complements your decor. Adding wall sconces, pendant lights, or even solar-powered pathway lights can illuminate your home’s front door and create a warm and inviting glow in the evenings.
- Personalized Touches: Create a personalized holiday sign with your family name or a festive message. This adds a warm and inviting touch to your door.
- Window Treatments: Apply holiday-themed window clings to your glass door or windows. These are easy to apply and remove, and they add a festive touch. Add decorative window film, stained glass, or curtains in vibrant colours to infuse the area with brightness.
- Scented Elements: Place scented elements like cinnamon sticks, cloves, or citrus slices on your door wreath or in a hanging ornament for a delightful fragrance.
- Outdoor décor: Use large, colourful ribbon bows to decorate your door or porch columns and banisters. You can place them in the corners, in the center, or wherever they complement the design. If space allows, place brightly coloured outdoor furniture like chairs or benches near the front door. This can add functionality and visual appeal.
- Interactive Decor: Create interactive decor by hanging small stockings or pouches that guests can fill with messages or small treats. Install a musical doorbell or wind chimes that play festive tunes when someone rings the doorbell or opens the door. Hang ribbons, tags, or ornaments on a Wishing Tree or garland near your front door. Invite guests to write down their holiday wishes, resolutions, or gratitude notes and hang them up.
The Key to Successful Holiday Door Decor
Remember that the key to successful holiday door decor is to express your personal style and make it enjoyable for both you and your visitors. Be sure to choose elements that match your existing decor and evoke the holiday spirit you're aiming for while maintaining a balanced and cohesive look. While it's tempting to go all out, avoid overloading your front door area with too many decorations. A few well-chosen pieces can create a more elegant and impactful display.