We can take care of the following for you:
- Leaves, twigs or sediment build-up
- Damage due to wind or heavy storms
- Upgrading eavestroughs for newer styles
- Adding guards to help prevent future damage
If your eavestroughs become clogged or damaged, it could cause rainwater to be redirected to your house’s foundation, drywall, basement, or other areas, resulting in further damage. Make sure your eavestroughs are working properly by calling Mr. Handyman!
Advice On Maintaining Your Eavestroughs
An eavestrough, just like any other part of your home exterior, is subject to harsh elements 365 days a year. This means eavestroughs are more susceptible to damage from wind, rain, snow, and debris build-up. That is why it is so important to ensure they are carefully maintained.
You can follow these tips to keep up your eavestroughs:
- Make sure you have the right tools for maintenance (ladder, putty knife, work gloves, etc.).
- Identify the areas that are most prone to being clogged so you can clean those first.
- Once cleaned out, use a garden hose to run water through eavestroughs for testing.
- Don’t put your weight on an eavestrough or use it for support.
Another tip for maintaining your eavestrough is installing guards. These can help eliminate the need for regular seasonal cleaning, protecting your eavestroughs and helping you save money down the road.